Search This Blog

Sunday, November 22, 2009

11/22/09 - If You're Gonna Fail, Fail BIG


It's strange how somehow being a failure has become...profitable. The more screwed up a celebrity, the more media coverage they get. The bigger the company the bigger the bail out. The more ridiculous a politician is, the more people think he/she is qualified to run for president in 2012. I guess in the end it's just like slowing down to watch a car accident. You know you shouldn't but you do. The problem is that EVERYONE does and before you know it people are giving birth in the travel lane.

When I really start thinking about it, it does worry me what the long term effects of all this stupidity will bear. It kind of goes back to something I used to call "pity pride". People enjoy being the bottom of the barrel. Try bringing up your crummy job at a party. Guaranteed that someone will come up with reasons why their job sucks more and they'll do it with a weird version of pride. "I get paid crap, work long hours AND my cube mate smell like old fish! HA! I win!" No. We all lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment