Search This Blog

Friday, March 8, 2013

Wooden Swords

I suppose this is a good follow up to last week's strip about sword fights. In the past few months I've taken to making wooden swords (and an axe). Mostly well-known ones from movies of TV shows.

Sting
Gimli's Axe
TMNT Leonardo's double katanas (scaled for my three-year-old)

And most recently a tanto that can be disassembled.
Not sure what I'll make next but I find working with wood a refreshing change as a creative outlet. I'm still working on things I really enjoy but I like to think I'm expanding my skill set and learning to appreciate what REAL woodworkers can do. I highly recommend it.

3 comments:

  1. Man! Those are impressive works of art.
    Some guys in the Society of Creative Anachronism would love to have swords like those!
    Did you sand them all smooth, by hand? That must have been a lot of work. Wow.

    ReplyDelete